Photo Credit: Ashley Cuoco
Think about it: here you have the best of hummus and guacamole in a single dish! Creamy avocado adds a little something extra to the already crowd-pleasing hummus. This is the perfect afternoon snack or party starter. I warmed up some fresh naan for this and dug right in!
Yields: About 2 cups
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, well drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, cored and peeled (13 oz before cored and peeled)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- Red pepper flakes, for topping
- cilantro leaves, for topping (optional)
- Pulse chick peas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add cumin and avocados and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1 – 2 minutes longer.
- Serve topped with more olive oil if desired and sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes. Serve with naan, pita chips or tortilla chips.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Classy.