Happy New Year! I am SO READY for this year, more than I can adequately express. I’m blessed and honored to have you on this journey with me. Lately I’ve been doing a ton of photography work, which is making my heart so happy and thankful! Cheers to you, your ambitions, and everything 2018 has in store. I pray you aim really high– and go for it!
I’ve partnered with Health-Ade to bring you a few awesome mocktails this year! Introducing our first: the Blood Orange Cayenne Cleanser, made with, you guessed it: Cayenne Cleanse kombucha. It’s got major kick, so I paired it with in-season sweet blood oranges for balance. There’s carrot juice in here too. All to promote a healthier you in 2018! Xo
- 1 bottle (1 pint) Health-Ade Cayenne Cleanse
- Juice from 4 blood oranges, plus 1 sliced blood orange for garnish
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lemon plus zest for garnish
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Cayenne pepper, for sprinkling
- Combine Cayenne Cleanse, orange juice, carrots, lemon juice and ice into a high-powered blender. Blend on low, slowly increasing to high speed. Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth consistency is reached.
- Strain drink through a fine mesh sieve once or twice. Divide drink equally between 4 cocktail glasses. Serve on ice if desired.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel 4 long ribbons of lemon zest. Place 1 ribbon into each glass.
- Slice remaining blood range in wheels and place one face up in each glass.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper into each glass. Enjoy cold. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Original recipe by Ashley Cuoco, sponsored by Health-Ade.