Prep Time: 15 mins — Total Time: 35 mins — Serves: 8
Summer’s officially here! And with it, an increase in outdoor cooking, grilling, and chilling.
My husband and I live in an upstairs apartment, so… no grill for us! But I love our gas oven. Leave it to the oven to make something super crispy. We were in the mood for flavor-packed, tender chicken wings. We devoured these in minutes. For this recipe, I got a little help from the expert: Emeril. I can tell you this is my go-to recipe from now on! Fire up the, er, oven– and invite all your friends over! This pairs perfectly with a tasty arugula salad and baked sweet potato fries.
- 4 lbs organic chicken wings
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, toss chicken wings with lemon juice. Add pepper, garlic and onion powders, and salt. Add thyme, crushing it between your fingers as you go. Add cayenne and melted butter. Stir mixture thoroughly, then arrange wings in one layer on baking sheet.
- Cook 20 minutes, then rotate sheet and flip wings. Cook until wings are browned and cooked through, 10 minutes. Glaze or serve with your favorite dipping sauce. I chose BBQ!
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse.