I ask you: who doesn’t love avocado toast?! It’s become one of my favorite breakfasts. Put an egg on top and now you’re talking!!! Healthy and a huge kick of flavor from the chili flakes and lemon. That creamy avocado gets me every time.
- 4 large slices of sourdough bread
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 2-4 pinches of chili flakes, or to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (black seeds would be beautiful!)
- 2 ripe avocados
- Season the bread with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toast the bread until golden brown
- Mix together the lemon zest, chili flakes and sesame seeds with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Quarter the avocados, removing the stone and peeling off the skin. Slice each quarter lengthways, leaving the slices joined at the top. Fan out each quarter and place 2 on each piece of toast, pushing down to make them stick.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the avocado, then sprinkle with the sesame seed mixture. Eat immediately while still warm.
HOW TO STONE AN AVOCADO:
Cut the avocado in half lengthways and then place the half with the stone still attached on a work surface. Chop into the stone with a sharp knife and you should be able to ease it out.
Recipe adapted from Chef Gordon Ramsay via DailyMail.Co.Uk