Photo Credit: Ashley Cuoco
It’s been extra spring-y lately. All I want to do is lay in the grass and nap in the sun, half in-half out of consciousness style. I find myself craving spring vegetables like asparagus. The asparagus and garlic combo is so tasty! Crack a generous amount of pepper and top with parsley. Restaurant worthy? Yes!
- 2 pounds asparagus, tips trimmed
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk (replace with broth for dairy-free version)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- cracked pepper and chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450F. Toss asparagus and smashed garlic with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange asparagus on prepared baking sheet over parchment paper in a single layer. Roast for 12 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Transfer asparagus and garlic to a blender. Add broth and milk, blending until smooth. Work in batches if necessary. Transfer soup to a soup pot and warm over medium-high heat. Thin with more broth if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add finely chopped parsley and stir though. Enjoy!
All Photo Credit: Ashley Cuoco